Learning by sharing
My unit plan is certainly not the best, but I am happy to share and receive feedback. Feedback from others often helps me to expand my perspectives and inspires me with more innovative ideas. If You are reading this post, you are invited and encouraged to share. We sometimes are very critical of ourselves and worry about what we do might not be the best. The truth is that we always have room for improvement and nobody can truly be the best or perfect. If we can all share one idea, then we will have lots of great ideas. I am sharing one of my language acquisition unit plans to start this trend, learning by sharing.
Unit title: cuisine (Phase 1&3)
- traditional and cultural trends through cuisine in China;
- stories of Chinese cuisine;
- names of Chinese dishes come from legends and stories;
- social conventions through daily food preparation in China;
- cooking methods and recipes;
- popular Chinese regional cuisines;
- dinning in a Chinese restaurant;
- conventions of diary entry and blog post writing.
Bank of MYP language acquisition units
- Using creativity to solve problems (English Phase 3) created by Rafael Angel et al.